My Life is a Big Cosmic Joke

I've spent 26 years trying to figure out why my life is the way it is...why crazy things happen to me, and why I feel like I'm on the Truman show...and I finally figured it out...hence the title of my blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: , , United States

Monday, July 12, 2004

learning and laziness

I'm such a loser sometimes. There are so many things that I want to learn, but I've been so damn lazy my entire life. That's not true entirely, it's just that a lot of things came easy to me in school early on, and I got used to doing well without doing any work. But life isn't like that. To accomplish anything that is really important and meaningful you have to work your ass off. Effort. A simple thing really. A thing in theory I'm not afraid of, but I create all manner of distractions and delusions to keep myself from actually sitting down and practicing flute or studying herbs, or doing anything that will get me anywhere I want to go.

Ani DiFranco has a lyric: "I wonder if everything I do, I do instead of something I want to do more....this question fills my head..."

Mine too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home